7 Tips for Overcoming Coronavirus
The Coronavirus pandemic is now affecting all of our lives. Many of us are having quite understandable experiences of fear, anxiety, and concern.
The Coronavirus is understood to be dangerous not only because it is 2-3 times more contagious than the flu, but also because it goes to your lungs, where it binds and where you become infected. Therefore, those who already have lung or breathing problems are more at risk.
The alchemy of healing states that breathing problems are a result of fear. It also suggests “not trusting the process of life,” which is understandable and highly coincidental given current circumstances. We’re worried about our health, our families, our jobs and the economy coming to a screeching halt!
So what can we do to reduce our risk?
- Reduce stress and fear. Where focus goes, energy flows. So it’s not just the virus that’s dangerous, but also the collective belief in how dangerous it is that is giving it strength. The fear feeds it… literally! Fear decreases the strength of the immune system and adds to the probability to contract the virus.
- Build your immune system. This means, eating healthy, antioxidant rich foods, taking your vitamins and avoiding sugar, alcohol and stress – all known contributors to lowering the strength of your immune system. It is important during this time to make sure you get plenty of sleep and TAKE YOUR VITAMIN C! One other thing that is important to keep your immune system functioning in tip top shape is avoiding dairy. Yes, I know, but the media says it’s good for you. Look what else the media is telling you right now. Facts: Dairy creates mucus. Mucus acts as a breeding ground for viruses, bacteria and infection. Contrary to what the media has told you all your life, you do not need dairy to survive. In fact, humans are the only species that drink the milk of another species aside from cats when WE feed them cow’s milk. You don’t see a cow drinking goat milk, vice versa, etc. Milk of your own species acts to help your body grow and build antibodies. Once you’re grown, you no longer need it. If you’re worried about calcium, eat broccoli. Rant over.
- Take advantage of the extra time the quarantine has provided. Most of us commute to and from work (60 min on average) and spend 30-60 minutes a day getting ready to go into work. This means the average person will have an extra 90 minutes or so each day given we won’t be commuting to the office. View this time as a positive opportunity to work on your goals. Start your home gym, work on building your portfolio, amp up that online dating profile. I’m using this time to focus on my blog for y’all.
- Don’t skip your workout (unless you’re sick). It’s so important, now more than ever to be strong. The best antidote for the Coronavirus is being a healthy human. Just because gyms are closed doesn’t mean you cant still do your daily workout. Use gallons of water/dirt for free weights if you don’t have them. Soup cans also work as light weights. There are plenty of workouts you can do right in your own home and I’m also obviously here to provide you with custom at-home workouts if needed. Just scroll to the top of this page and click the “Contact Kat” tab to get a hold of me. Luckily, I have some extra time for the forseeable future. 😉
- Meditate. Meditation and mindfulness are valuable allies at times like this. They can help you be free from panic, more able to protect yourself, and more in touch with your own inner wisdom and resilience. When you’re shut in the house, alone with your thoughts, the tendency is to go stir crazy. Use this as an opportunity to learn how to sit in stillness and quiet the mind. Sit with this discomfort without judging it and just observe your thoughts. Making yourself an outside observer of your thoughts allows you to decide if these thoughts are actually helping you in this situation, or if it might be better to let them go. Remember, your thoughts create your reality. Fear creates illness and “dis-ease” in the body.
- Sage your home. Research shows that burning sage kills 94% of airborne bacteria. Burning sage, aka smudging, a room for one hour reduced airborne bacteria by 94%. The beauty of this plant is that it assists in not only physical, but also spiritual, emotional and mental health. I’m burning sage in my home office daily to clear my mind and soul from the chaos and fear circling our world.
- Last but not least, remember that it’s not uncommon to feel global energy. When you feel anxious, ask yourself: Does this emotion belong to me? Trust your inner knowing. Ask the universe to release it. You are not a statistic. Do not be consumed by the energy of fear around you. You were born for your own divine purpose, so remind yourself of that and press on with confidence. Drink lots of water to flush intense energy and carry an energy protecting crystal with you if you’re into that sort of thing.
You are healthy. You are whole. You are a needed calm in this storm.
Much love to you all.