Gardein Masters the Meatless Market
The most common and probably the most frustrating question I am asked when I tell people that I’m a vegan is, “Don’t you get tired of eating salads?” OHHH EMMM GEEE, PEOPLE!! I don’t even LIKE salad! Trust me when I say I do not starve, eat dainty, or feel deprived in any way. In fact, thanks to products like Gardein, I don’t even miss meat. These meat substitute options are quick, delicious, and most of them only take about 8 minutes to make! Continue reading for a few of my favorite Gardein meals to put on the table this “Meatless Monday”!! 🙂
1. Szechuan Stir Fry:
All you need for this simple Asian meal is one pack of Gardein Chick’n Scaollopini, a bag of mixed vegetables, and some Szechuan stir fry sauce.
First, stir fry the chick’n scaollopini with the mixed veggies in a small amount of olive oil (about 2 tablespoons)
- Add in the Szechuan sauce until cooked into the stir fry
- Add a side of brown rice (I use the easy 90 second microwaved kind)
2. Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n
Can you tell I love Asian food? This is another meal that is super quick and easily one of my faves. You need:
- One pack of Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One pack of brown rice
- One bag of broccoli
If you’re using the 90 second microwavable brown rice, you can put that in the microwave while you’re sautéing your chick’n, and then cook the broccoli as desired. ( I use the microwave for this also). You will also want to place the sauce packet in hot water to thaw while the chick’n is cooking. Once you have sautéed the chick’n on medium-high heat to your desired crispiness, pour the sauce packet into the skillet and let that cook into the chick’n for about one minute. Season the broccoli and rice to taste and you’re all done!
3. Home Style Beefless Tips and Pasta
Yes, Gardein even does beef! And personally, these beefless tips are so tender that I would prefer them over the gristle and chewiness of real beef. The hardest part of this meal (and really it’s not even that hard) is the pasta. You will need:
- One pack of Gardein Home Style Beefless Tips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chiles
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes ( I like to use sundried tomatoes)
- 1/2 pound medium shell pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
First, sauté the beefless tips on medium high heat until the desired brownness has been achieved. (This step only takes up to 10 minutes, so it may be best to save this for the end)
For the pasta:
1. In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper, and chipotle chiles. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in the olives and tomatoes (with their juice). Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until lightly thickened. Season to taste with salt.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and transfer to the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and lemon juice, and toss to mix well.
4. Chick’nless Parmesan
Last, but certainly not least is my “go to meal” for when I have dinner guests. My Chick’nless Parmesan is definitely my signature dish! You will need:
- One pack Gardein Crispy Chick’n Filets
- One box of vegan or whole grain pasta
- One jar of your favorite Spaghetti Sauce
- One package of Daiya Mozzarella cheese
- Veggie brand Grated Parmesan cheese
First, sauté the Crispy Chick’n Filets until brown and crispy
Boil the pasta according to package directions, drain, transfer the pasta back into the pot and add the jar of Spaghetti Sauce. (Saving a small amount for the top of the dish) Season to taste if desired.
Transfer the Pasta and Sauce mix to a standard baking dish, and place the cooked Chick’n Filets on top of the pasta. Add remaining Spaghetti Sauce to top the Filets.
Smother with Daiya Mozzarella cheese, and sprinkle the grated Parmesan on top.
Bake at 350-375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Here are a couple different views of my favorite dish:
I hope you find these recipes helpful in assisting in your cruelty-free diet! If you have any suggestions of things you would like to see, feel free to shoot me a direct line!
Until next time! 🙂